The real question is: Why not?
Even before the whole mini fridge trend went viral, the practice of keeping skin care in the fridge has been done by a lot of beauty enthusiasts to prolong the shelf-life of volatile products like Vitamin C serums. Other than that, refrigerating your skin care also helps ward off bacteria, increases the cooling and de-puffing benefits of products, AND makes you feel like an influencer.
If you're still wondering which of your fave products could benefit from a little TLC in the fridge (and which ones should steer clear), here's a little guide to help you:
1. Anything with Active Ingredients: Cooler temperatures will keep active/ unstable ingredients like Vitamin C or Retinol from oxidising and losing its effectiveness.
3. Sheet Masks/ Eye Masks/ Face Mist: Who doesn't looooove a chilled eye mask? While it's not a must to keep them in the fridge, the extra cooling effect of these products can help with de-puffing and soothing the skin!
3. DIY Skin Care: Because DIY skin care are made without preservatives, keeping them in the fridge can help prolong their shelf life.
5. Probiotics (example: Lactobacillus, Bifidabacterium): Keeping skin care with probiotics in the fridge will keep the “good” bacteria in these products healthy.
6. Facial Tools: Chilled facial rollers and Gua Shas can help boost its cooling and de-puffing effects on the skin! Mini fridge + beauty roller = best duo ever.
Here are some products we advice NOT storing in the fridge:
1. Clay Masks: They'll turn too hard, and you might need a mini shovel to dig through them!
2. Oil-Based products: Refrigerating oil-based products like serums can cause the oil and water ingredients in the product to separate, rendering them useless!
Ready to become a beauty fridge convert? Shop our Mini Beauty Fridge NOW - available in five different gorgeous colours!