REVIEW: COSRX Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence
As the product name suggests, COSRX Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence contains 95% galactomyces ferment filtrate. Fermentation is known to help break down ingredients into smaller and potentially more absorbable components. In the case of galactomyces yeast, these components may deliver antioxidants more effectively to skin, protecting it from environmental and UV damage that lead to premature skin aging.
95% fermenty goodness means that the rest of the ingredients only comprise 5% of the formulation. Still, niacinamide and adenosine contribute to brightening and anti-aging effects, while the sodium hyaluronate and glycerin provide hydration.
The liquid is very runny, but a little bit thicker than water. The essence is clear in colour and has a thin texture. It's easy to spread out on my skin and absorbs quickly. It does leave a slightly sticky residue, but it's not uncomfortable and goes away after a few minutes.
I used to have dry patches that I couldn’t get rid of, but now I never have that problem; not even when I don’t use this product on my face that day. My skin overall feels really smooth, and it looks much, much more brighter as well. While not necessarily as glowy as Missha's First Treatment Essence, I feel like this COSRX essence is really successful at evening out my skintone in general.