6 Ways Your Skin Can Benefit from A Beauty Roller
Curious why everyone is talking and ‘gramming about these little jade or rose quartz tools?
As the latest go-to gadget, the face roller has become every beauty fan’s skin essential, even earning the approvals of celebrities such as Miranda Kerr, Kim Kardashian, Victoria Beckham and Meghan Markle!
While it might look like these tools just got Insta-famous recently, jade facial rollers have actually been around since the the 17th century, when they were used by Chinese empresses and elites in the dynasty.
Other then being a pretty, visual reminder to stop and treat yourself to a mini massage, here's why you should be adding a face roller to your self-care routine:
1. They are very soothing on the skin
First off, these crystal rollers just feel so, so good on the skin. Many of these natural stones like jade and rose quartz are already naturally cooling, so it’s great for reducing puffiness and soothing red and inflamed skin. You can also pop them in the fridge for an extra-cooling and calming face rolling experience!
2. They help assist in lymphatic drainage, so your skin can GLOW!
When your lymphatic system (aka the body’s natural “detox” centre) is stagnant, toxins can actually sit under the skin and cause issues such as acne, puffiness and even sinuses. A facial roller will help stimulate the lymphatic system and get it running in all the right directions. Exit: waste and toxins. Enter: a healthy flush and that lit-from-within glow!
3. They help release facial tension
Our facial muscles store a lot of tension, especially around the forehead, jaw and eye areas. Massaging your face with a roller will instantly help iron out any stress patterns held in the face, and prevent any future wrinkles and fine lines!
4. They help supercharge your other skin care products
Using a jade roller in conjunction with your other skin care products can actually make them work so much better! Whether it's a facial oil, serum, moisturiser or a Korean sheet mask, this tool helps products penetrate deeper into the skin and work more effectively.
5. They help tighten and tone
Consider face rolling like a mini bootcamp to help firm the skin and improve the contours of the face. Since the face is the one area of the body where the skin is actually attached to the muscles beneath it, you will be able to see an immediate difference in tone and shape when you actually “work out” your facial muscles!
6. The crystals these rollers are made of have benefits too!
As crystals have evolved from precious altar trinkets to being carried around in handbags as energy protectors, the beauty industry themselves have quickly adopted and infused their products with all-things jade, rose quartz, and amethyst.
Some believers claim that these crystals can help in finding love, achieving inner peace or even attract a better fortune. If you're not sure which gemstone will suit you best, here's a handy guide:
- Jade: Carries a healing energy that can help balance your own inner energies, relax the nervous system, and bring about a sense of harmony and balance.
- Rose Quartz: Also known as the "love stone", it brings unconditional love, inner peace, joy & positive energy.
- Amethyst: This healing stone is believed to help purify your mind and thoughts, while reducing stress or anxiety.
- White Jade: This special calming stone helps eliminate distractions, and directs your energy to help with decision-making.
- Black Obsidian: As a protective stone that is also known as the stone of "truth", it will help you see through facades and blockages in your being.
Okay, I'm sold, I NEED a beauty roller! How do I get one ?
If you're ready to roll with our beauty rollers, you will be spoiled for choice! Our collection includes our hand-crafted single Beauty Roller, Beauty Roller & Gua Sha Set, single Gua Sha board and Beauty Roller Multi Set (perfect for when you're looking for a more indulgent massage!)
Treat your skin to some glow today, you deserve it babe! ;)