Nudie Glow’s Favourite K-Beauty Vlogger: Liah Yoo!
Discover some of Liah Yoo’s favorite K-beauty products and her best tips to achieving healthy, glowing skin!
If you don’t know who she is, Liah is a vlogger who has around 430,000 subscribers (better known as PalmPalm Fams) on YouTube. She’s also the creator behind Krave Beauty, a skin care line that believes in the power of simplicity by urging you to step back, press reset, and listen to your skin’s true needs.
We love Liah because of her in-depth and honest reviews, her down-to-earth persona and approachable demeanor, and of course, her skin care tips too!
Liah Yoo’s Top 3 Skin Care Tips: (Source: beautifulwithbrains.com)
1) More is never more: Over-cleansing, over-scrubbing, over-doing with actives, over-using products more than you need… these are a recipe to torturing your skin barrier function. All your skin wants from you is a bit of TLC.
2) Your skin is not separated from your body: Our skin is not an independent organ, therefore only relying on topical treatment isn’t going to give you a healthy glow you’re going for. Take the time to breathe, sweat and fuel your body. Stress less, rest more and last with skincare, apply only the stuff your skin craves.
3) Give more credit to your skin: Your skin is already quite smart at doing its own things; rejuvenating, repairing, and naturally exfoliating. So respect that and try to work with it, not against it. Trust your skin more than you trust any advice you find online. And don’t forget to give some self-affirmation while doing skincare! Because we do it to feel good anyway.
Check out some of Liah’s favourite K-Beauty brands and products:
1. COSRX: “I love how COSRX keeps their ingredients short and simple. There’s no any excitement factor in this brand, to be honest, but it is a brand that I can trust in the efficacy. And hey, it’s really affordable! I find their formula to be less irritating than many other brands using the same concentrations of actives.”
2. COSRX Propolis Light Ampule
“This makes my skin more plumped and it feels enough to deliver all the hydration I need since I've been skipping other hydrating steps such as toner, essence, and etc. As always, @cosrx is no-frills, low key and it delivers great results. I've been really happy with this!”
3. COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask
🇬🇧So....I gave this cult favorite, #BiologiqueRechereche #MasqueVivant a try last night and as many of you’ve seen it on my IG story, it left my skin feeling really sore and raw. It’s the exact feeling I had after a laser treatment at a derm offices and not even the #BabyFacial (AHA+BHA 25%) leave me this sensitive. This is supposed to be a rebalancing and purifying mask containing yeast extract, designed for oily and combo skin. WARNING : THIS STUFF SMELLS LIKE VEGEMITE ☕️ - - #RescueSpa says "If you do Masque Vivant at least twice a week, you'll never age. This unique mask contains live yeast extracts which are packed with amino acids and famously nourishing vitamin B. There is no product like it to keep your skin purified, revitalized and bright. In my 20 years of experience with it, I have seen it drastically improve many people's complexions." 🤔 - - As it promised my skin did feel clean and oil-controlled but, I’m scared to use it again. I think I’ll only use this on my T zone as it didn’t experience any sensitivity. - - Luckily I brought @cosrx #RiceMask 🍚 on my trip, and I slathered a generous amount of that on all over my face and miraculously, my skin has calmed down a lot by the morning. It’s so nourishing and comforting. Gotta swear by this product over and over again 😍💕
4. COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
🌵Huxley Anti-gravity Cream🌵I have tried all of the essences and serums from #Huxley but nothing really wowed me until I tried this. Oh my, oh my! This beautiful #moisturizer found the perfect sweet balance of water and lipid that makes it so light yet so effective. - - 🌟Claim: The Huxley Anti-Gravity Cream fends off environmental harm such as stress, pollution, and heat by creating a protective barrier of moisture. Concentrated with 51% Sahara cactus extract, a resilient plant that survives in harsh desert climates, this dense, melting cream harnesses the power of cacti to fortify the skin with nutrition while locking in hydration to lift and firm skin's appearance. IN SHORT, a firming moisturizer with antioxidant property - - 🌟Texture: a Dense cream that melts like a butter! Seriously in love with the texture. - - 🌟My experience: TBH, the ingredient list isn't something unique or special but they kicked ass with the formula. The texture and the whole application experience is something I really, really love and even look forward to. It has a signature Huxley scent which can be a bit overwhelming at times, but definitely bearable. I normally apply a light layer all over my face then apply another layer to dryer areas. It helped my skin to bear this harsh weather. This also leaves a slight "dew" which I'm digging at the moment!
6. Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream
“It’s really soothing and comforting as it claims to be, and it’s helping with my redness at the moment.”
“This is like the very first toner [with BHA] that I like that doesn’t dry me out… So if you have whiteheads, blackheads, or even like some pimples, I think that this is a very, very effective and moisturising, hydrating toner to start off.”
8. Wish Formula C200 Bubble Peeling Pad
“I highly recommend the Wish Formula Bubble Peeling Pad, and that’s a little bit more tingly and more concentrated with Vitamin C as well, along with other AHA and BHA content, so that’s going to be like once a week thing, or once every two week thing that I’ll do.”
9. Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Intensive Moist
“I think it’s amazing because it’s very softening, and whenever I use this I feel like oh my skin is really hydrated and it just really is kinda soft and smooth so I highly recommend this type of essence.”
10. Whamisa Organic Real Kelp Mask
“Everytime I use this I always get hungry cause I LOVE seaweed!"